Introducing the Science Educators’ Best of Show Awards
Now there’s a program that recognizes and celebrates the breakthrough products and services that have the potential to transform science and STEM teaching and learning—as chosen by science educators.
Any organization that has spectacular product(s) and/or services to display on the NSTA National Conference exhibit floor.
1) Outstanding Vendor, Attendees’ Choice – $395/entry – One entry permitted Recognizes science and STEM organizations who go above and beyond to deliver remarkable customer service. The winner will be determined by popular vote of NSTA National Conference attendees, available for voting on the NSTA app. Four finalists will also be recognized.
2) Best New Technology Innovation Award Technology – $395/entry – multiple entries permitted. Nominate products and services that use technology to increase student learning, that are demonstrably innovative, and that save time for educators. Product must have begun shipping on or after 1/1/2019 to be eligible.
– Best New Technology Innovation for Science Education (product must have begun shipping on or after (1/1/2019 to be eligible.)
– Best New Technology –Innovation for STEM Education (product must have begun shipping on or after (1/1/2019 to be eligible.)
3) Best Tried & True Technology for Teaching and Learning – $395/entry – multiple entries permitted. Nominate products that have stood the test of time and are backed by exemplary technical support, curricular materials, and professional development for science and STEM teaching and learning.
Apps & software
Games for learning
Hardware (microscopes, sensors, lab technology, makerspace equipment etc.)
Simulations & video-based interactives
Educational travel, field trips and after-school programs
Lab Equipment & Supplies by Discipline
Lab Equipment & Supplies by Grade Level
Middle school science
High school science
4) Best Educator Experience – $395/entry – multiple entries permitted. Recognizes companies and organizations who give back to science and STEM education by contributing free time, talent, training, materials, and experiences to enrich the lives of science and STEM educators.
Best Exhibitor Workshops
Best Free Digital Resources
Best Free Classroom Giveaways
Best Free Product Training
Best Booth Design & Experience
Early-bird savings: Outstanding Vendor, Attendees’ Choice, save $200. Entry and payment must be received on or before 2/14/2020.
All other categories, save $75. Entry and payment must be received on or before 2/14/2020.
A panel of “secret shopper” educators, selected in advance by Catapult X, will review nominations and choose the winners. Two secret-shopper judges will review each vendor submission. They will visit booths during the NSTA National Conference to learn more about the nominated products and services and to score their findings.
All educators will have the opportunity to vote via the NSTA conference app. In the case of a secret-shopper judge tie, the educator vote will break the tie.
$395 per entry
Early bird discount ends 2/14/20: Save $75 for Products/Services
Special Category: Outstanding Vendor, Educators’ Choice
Early bird discount ends 2/14/20: Save $200 for Outstanding Vendor Category
Application payments must be received no later than March 27, 2020 (via credit card through the Catapult X website).
Yes! Enter as many products as you choose. Each requires a nomination form and entry fee.
Yes. Information submitted on award applications will not be published prior to the NSTA National Conference or shared with anyone beyond the judges and the award administrators.
You will receive an awards seal to use for promotions and mentions online at NSTA, Catapult X, and in the summer print issue of NSTA Reports, which reaches 43,000 science educators during the peak sales season.
The recipients will be announced on Catapult-x.com before the exhibit hall closes on Saturday, April 4. Winners will be recognized in the summer issue of NSTA Reports.
Sign up to receive the latest news and updates about the Best of Show NSTA 2020 Program.